Who's Talking About Us?
The idea that kids really can make a difference-they just need a little help-is contagious. Read about other people's experiences with the project.
Hear from moms and dads who've used Generation Cures as a way to teach their kids the importance of giving back.
"Kids are innately compassionate, and they want to make the world a better place," said Anissa Mayhew of Atlanta, GA, mom to Peyton, who's now in remission from her battle with leukemia. "Generation Cures helps kids understand how small acts of kindness can snowball and change the lives of kids all over the world."
Hear from Rachel's mom, Ethel »
Generation Cures has been recognized by leaders in education and new media for its kid-friendly content and interactive design. Just a few awards include:
- "Website of the Year" by Mom's Choice Awards, which recognize excellence in family-friendly media, products
- "Kid Zui Seal," from the leading kids' web browser KidZui, given by a review board of 200-plus teachers and parents.
- Gold Davey Awards, honoring creative excellence, out-of-the-box thinking and exceptional execution.
- Impact Award by the National Association of Children's Hospitals and Related Institutions. The award salutes excellence in marketing supporting the hospital's mission. Generation Cures received the top award among 16 entries. Generation Cures book for tweens, Zebrafish, also has received recognition. Based on our site's animated series, the book's about a group of high schoolers who rally around a friend when they learn she's diagnosed with cancer.
- Zebrafish was recognized as a finalist in the Children's Choice Book Awards.
- Zebrafish earned its way to the International Reading Association's Children's Choices Reading List. The list serves as a "seal of approval" for teachers, librarians and parents.
Here's what the media has to say about Generation Cures:
- Boston.com: Local Youths Rock Out For a Cause (November 15, 2010)
- Boston.com: Boston Globe Battle of the Bands Hits the Right Notes (April 21, 2010)
- NECN.com: health Video Game Helps Make Advancements in Medical Research (September 18, 2009)
- JustJaredJr.com: JoJo Brings Children's Hospital Cheer (June 18, 2009)
- Boston.com: Singing For a Cure (June 6, 2009)
- Boston.com: Children's Hospital Launches "Game-a-thon" (April 20, 2009)
Read More »